Table of Contents
- We Reviewed The 8 Best Stand Up Paddle Board Storage and Travel Bags In the Industry.
- The SUP Buyer’s Guide To The Best Stand Up Paddle Board Storage and Travel Bags:
- Stand Up Paddle Board Storage and Travel Bags Product Review:
- #1. South Bay Universal Inflatable Paddle Board/iSUP Bag
- #2. CURVE SUP Bag For Inflatable Paddle Boards
- #3. Thurso Surf Inflatable Paddle Board Carrying Backpack
We Reviewed The 8 Best Stand Up Paddle Board Storage and Travel Bags In the Industry.
In this post we discuss the best stand up paddle board storage and travel bags. So you have your paddle board and you want to travel. Maybe you want to travel with your SUP board on vacation. There are many exciting places all over the world to go paddle boarding.
Maybe you want to easily carry it down to the river or store it in the garage without having to hang extra storage racks.
There are many things to consider when looking for a paddle board travel bag. Different bags are designed for different paddle boards.
Some bags are better for air-travel. While others are great for storage. There are a few things that you should look for before investing in a SUP travel and storage bag.
The SUP Buyer’s Guide To The Best Stand Up Paddle Board Storage and Travel Bags:
Here are somethings to consider during your research:
- Proper ventilation to protect the board.
- Easy to carry and transport for care-free traveling.
- Room for extra gear that you always have on your SUP adventures.
- A water-safe zipper, so it will not rust.
The South Bay Universal inflatable paddle board bag is designed by surfers and paddlers with attention to detail and the needs of those in the paddle board community. The bag is very durable and roomy. Was made to hold all of your SUP accessories and other personal belongings.
There are large inline wheels and multiple carrying straps to make backpacking your iSUP easy. Either roll it around on the ground or pick it up with the comfortable shoulder and chest straps. The weight is distributed to make the bag comfortable to carry.
This backpack measures in at 43″ x 28″ x 10″ and fits any inflatable paddle board brand.
This bag also features plenty of well-organized space.
- Lots of space.
- Easy to carry and maneuver.
- Great customer service.
- Maybe too small for inflatable boards over 12 feet 6 inches
The Curve SUP travel board bag is designed to provide the very best protection for your Stand Up Paddle board, and Paddle. This is a speciality travel bag, designed with the extra demands of big board carrying in mind.
The Curve SUP bag optimizes handling whether for travel by vehicle, boat, train or plane. Simple but useful is the built-in paddle holder which carries your paddle for you, freeing your hands and providing padded protection for the paddle blade.
The non slip shoulder strap is double adjustable and features extra padding and super impact resistant durable buckles – we know how annoying it is when your shoulder strap gives way. Multiple integral air vents enable cool air circulation. Extra handles positioned at the nose and tail provide a great 2 person carry option.
Also included is an adjustable fin slot and internal storage pocket. The YKK zipper runs the length of the bag for full access to your board. Combining superior workmanship, quality components and extra features this Curve bag really is your best choice for easy SUP handling and premium protection.
Available in 9’0x32″ wide, 9’6 x32″wide, 10’6 x32″wide, 11’6 x32″wide and 12’6 x33″wide. All backed by 12 month warranty.
- Easy to carry with adjustable straps.
- Sturdy and protects your board.
- Good for air travel.
- Not compatible with race, touring style boards or various other board types.
- Depending on your board. There isn’t much room for accessories.
- ⚓ heavy duty 600D water-resistant polycanvas base 😎 silver reflective tarpee upper
- 🛌 10mm waterproof shock absorbing travel specification foam core ➕ integrated paddle holder with padded blade cover
- 👍 detachable double adjustable shoulder strap ▪ super tough & padded ▪ premium YKK buckles through-out
The Thurso Inflatable SUP roll backpack is designed to fit most inflatable boards along with all the accessories (paddle, fin, leash, pump, etc.).
The adjustable torso strap and the padded back and shoulder and waist straps offer better weight distribution and comfort.
Featured carrying handles on both sides are perfect for grabbing out of your car or when picking at the conveyor at the airport.
The pack has a large storage pouch and a transparent storage pouch on the front, giving you enough room for any small items. Also there are two mesh pockets on both sides, which is perfect for storing a SUP paddle.
Thurso Surf chooses the grey materials on the bag which can reduce absorption of heat to keep your board cool in extreme temperatures.
- Very versatile for a variety of different boards.
- Big and can fit all of your gear.
- Very breathable.
- Not the easiest bag to carry or transport.
- Not the best bag to take on a flight.
- Sizing 39’’ x 16’’ x 14’’, the Thurso Surf iSUP roller backpack fits most inflatable paddle boards along with all the accessories (paddle, fin, leash, pump, etc.)
- Premium nylon outer shell which can cope with sun, sea, sand and damage provides excellent protection to your board and accessories anytime during the transport process. Other than the black backpacks...
- With the help of the top handle and the set of wheels, a long distance walk is much easier. The torso strap and the padded back and shoulder and waist straps offer better weight distribution and...
The NRS SUP Board travel bag is made with super-durable PVC construction for durability and rugged use when traveling. This bag also has aluminum hardware which improves durability and eliminates buckles from busting.
There is a zippered lamshell closure feature that makes packing and unpacking relatively easy. You can also benefit from the mesh side panels that lets your board breathe and drain excess water after having a great SUP adventure with your family and friends.
The durable NRS SUP Board Travel Pack can fit most folded inflatable SUP, 3-piece breakdown paddle and pump, as well as the accessories needed to get on the water in the area you choose to venture out to.
- Works well for large boards.
- Very durable and sturdy.
- Can appear bulky.
- Not many side pockets or compartments.
- Super-durable PVC construction
- Aluminum hardware increases durability and eliminates busted buckles
- Cinch the internal compression straps to tightly secure your SUP
The Abahub premium foam SUP cover and carrying case is specially designed to cover a wide range of board sizes up to 10’2 x 33 x 6″. There are many features with this SUP carrying case including a foam core, air vents for heat protection, external zipper pockets for gear storage and an inside fin pocket with velcro.
It’s comfortable to carry with a durable ergonomic plastic handle and wide neoprene padded adjustable shoulder strap. The strap is double stitching all around for durability while carrying during your travels.
- Heavy duty and made from strong materials.
- Nicely padded to protect board from bumps and dings.
- Great for air travel and with plenty of straps.
- Need to measure board to get the right size carrying case or may have issues with fit.
- Premium Materials: premium quality 190g/m2 water-resistant PE shell with 600D reinforcement, 1/3" (8mm) foam core, 130g/m2 PE lining and big tooth YKK #10 nickel plated zippers are used to make for...
- Wide Sizes Coverage: this board bag is specially designed to cover a wide range of board sizes up to 10'2 x 33’‘x 6''. Please check the detailed specs on the 2nd picture of the listing.
- Extra Protection: 4 x 4" air vents for heat protection; 600D nylon for nose and tail protection.
The ISLE iSUP Travel Backpack for Inflatable Paddle Boards lets you take your inflatable paddle board with you anywhere you want. Pack your SUP on a plane, store it in your car, keep it nicely organized inside your house, or take it on a long hike to your favorite secluded paddle board spot.
This inflatable SUP Backpack comes with lots of upgrades for convenience and to make your paddle adventure ultra portable. Enjoy extra padding on the upper and lower back, extra stash pockets to assist with holding more of your personal items, and grab handles to tote your gear more easily.
Made of premium, durable nylon with reinforced seams and zippers.
Store and transport your paddle board and gear safely and securely. Protects from sand, debris, heat, bumps and drops. Keeps you organized during travel and is ideal for storage in cars, garages, or compactly in small spaces.
- Plenty of side pockets and compartments for accessories.
- Great for air travel and transporting in cars.
- 1 Year Warranty.
- May not fit all inflatable SUP boards.
- CARRY YOUR iSUP & GEAR: This backpack is large enough to stow and carry your deflated paddle board and all your gear. Including, paddle, pump, fins, leash and more.
- EASY TRANSPORTATION: Long walk from the parking lot? Padded carry straps and extra upper and lower back padding ensure this paddle board backpack fits comfortably. Evenly distribute weight when you're...
- EXTRA STORAGE: This iSUP bag features extra storage pockets and two mesh, external compartments to stow items and accessories, such as your phone, snacks, clothing, and more. Plus, additional grab...
The Ten Toes SUP bag is sturdy and easy to transport. At 12” x 12” x 3” it fits medium-sized to large boards and has plenty of pockets for accessories.
In addition, the bag is equipped with roller wheels making it much easier to transport through airports and other high traffic areas.
- The wheels are a big plus in transport.
- Sturdy and performs well in travel.
- Lots of pockets for small accessories.
- A little difficult to carry.
- Difficult to fit larger boards.
- Can be a tight fit for the board leaving little space for accessories.
- Heavy-duty nylon bag with Super tough wheels for effortless transporting and storing your inflatable standup Paddle board
- Rolled up inflatable standup Paddle boards fit in the larger zipped compartment while accessories will fit in the front pocket
- Fits all of Ten toes' inflatable standup Paddle boards
The BIC Sport is great for travel and is easy to transport. The bag is also very durable protecting your board with 5mm of foam padding.
It has a temperature-protecting reflective hull and special 600D protection material in the nose, tail and rails for extra protection. There are also multiple carrying handles, a paddle holder plus extended zipper for easier board loading and unloading.
- Very durable with lots of board protection.
- Easy to transport and travels well.
- Although it fits with other boards. It definitely works best for BIC Sport boards.
- Does not travel well on roof racks.
- Durable, High quality, dependable, protection for your SUP board available for Touring and Round nose shapes
- Reflective deck + hull material to reduce heat exposure when exposed to sunlight
- Durable 600D material in nose, tail, and rails for extra protection + 5mm foam padding
Final Thoughts On Stand Up Paddle Board Storage And Travel Bags:
In the end, we would choose the The Thurso Inflatable SUP roll backpack. It is the best all-round next to all the other stand up paddle board storage and travel bags.
It has plenty of space for accessories, protects your board, is easy to carry, and performs well during travel. It checks all of the boxes and it doesn’t hurt that the price is quite low compared to other comparable bags.
You need a bag to safely and easily transport your board without damaging it. Now it’s up to you to choose the one that is best for you.
Was there one we missed? Let us know which stand up paddle board storage and travel bags you have used or currently using, that has worked well for you.
Checkout Our Standup Paddle Boarding Product Reviews!
- 10 Best Inflatable Standup Paddle Boards for 2020
- The Top 10 Must Have SUP Accessories
- 10 Best PFD ( Personal Flotation Device ) For Standup Paddle Boarding
- Top 8 Standup Paddle Board Roof Racks For Cars and SUVs
- The 8 Best Standup Paddle Board Storage and Travel Bags
- The Best SUP Gear And Apparel For Any Season
The SUP HQ ( thesuphq.com ) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.