Table of Contents
- Top 10 Must Have SUP Accessories: Don’t Go Standup Paddle Boarding Without These Items!
- Here is a List of Our Top Must Have SUP Accessories
- INFLATABLE PADDLE BOARD CARRYING BAG
- SUP PADDLE BOARD CARRYING STRAP
- LED UNDERWATER LIGHT KIT
- GO PRO CAMERA
- PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICE (PFD ) or LIFE VEST
- COILED SUP LEASH
- SUP ANCHOR KIT
- SUP RAIL GUARD TAPE PROTECTION
- ROOF RACK PADS FOR CAR TRANSPORT
- WATERPROOF AUDIO SPEAKERS
- WATERPROOF MOBILE PHONE CARRYING CASE
Top 10 Must Have SUP Accessories: Don’t Go Standup Paddle Boarding Without These Items!
Don’t go out paddle boarding without these must have SUP accessories. Are you thinking of standup paddle boarding anytime soon? Before you begin your adventure, you need to have two main essential items: the paddle board and the paddle.
This might be easy to get if you are renting or you have a few paddle boards of your own. However, the extra accessories and gear you might need to take along with you may make your SUP experience even better.
These additional accessories will help you maximize your own experience with paddle boarding right away. Here are some examples of the most vital SUP accessories that you can have for paddle boarding. Hopefully, this extra SUP gear can make your life easier when it comes to maintenance and performance on the water.
Here is a List of Our Top Must Have SUP Accessories
INFLATABLE PADDLE BOARD CARRYING BAG
With an inflatable paddle board carrying bag at your disposal, you will be able to bring your inflatable paddle board and other accessories with you to your desired destination.
A carrying bag can also be a great place to store your inflatable SUP and protect it from external forces that might end up damaging it.
- Grab your BPS Premium Universal iSUP bag today! Designed by an experienced paddle boarder to fit ALL inflatable paddle boards up to 12’6 in length and 34 inches in width – INCLUDING having the...
- With dimensions of 39.37" x 17.72" x 14.17”, BPS iSUP bag is large enough to fit everything you need for a SUP session. BPS have included four separate ways to pick up, carry or hang up this bag...
- Padded shoulder straps have a large adjustment range (fits a 30 inch chest easy and a 46 inch chest easily as shown in the photo); a chest strap with a large adjustment range spreads the weight even...
SUP PADDLE BOARD CARRYING STRAP
Having a SUP Carry/Storage Strap will allow you to easily carry your paddle board, paddle, and accessories and still have a free hand. This SUP Paddle board Carrier Strap shoulder pad is triple padded and made from soft and durable neoprene for maximum comfort on your shoulder.
It is more adjustable than other straps which makes it better to use for people of all heights. With high-quality velcro, carrying your paddle can be easy, and can even act as a handle. A removable drawstring bag attachment makes it easy to carry your water bottle, sunscreen or other items such as a mobile phone.
- ADJUSTS MORE THAN OTHER STRAPS: Works great for paddleboarders of all heights and fits all paddleboards. Whether you are 6'5 with a large paddleboard or you are 4'3 with a small surfboard, our strap...
- TRIPLE PADDED SHOULDER PAD: Our shoulder pad is made from soft and durable NEOPRENE for maximum comfort. The idea of these straps is to carry the weight of your board on your shoulder. We put a lot of...
- REMOVABLE DRAWSTRING BAG: Carry your water bottle, sunscreen or other personal items.
LED UNDERWATER LIGHT KIT
The underwater lights would be an excellent tool to have if you want some night time paddle boarding on your own. Using the lights as you paddle board is a great way to relax and see what underwater creatures are lurking around beneath you. If you want a unique evening experience, you should get yourself underwater lights right away.
- Department - Paddle Board.
- Included Components - Underwater LED Light Tube.
- Material - Plastic.
GO PRO CAMERA
Having this on the deck of your SUP board can make a great addition. Capture scenic views and landscapes as you paddle your board on the many different waters you will encounter on your SUP adventures.
GoPro now makes it easy to capture, edit and share your video with it’s additional mobile software. Great for sharing your adventures with your social media following.
- HyperSmooth: Get gimbal‑like stabilization—without the gimbal. HERO7 Black corrects for camera shake to deliver insanely smooth footage
- TimeWarp: Capture super stabilized time lapse videos while you move about a scene. Increase the speed up to 30x to turn longer activities into shareable moments
- Live streaming in 720p: Share while you’re there. Live stream in 720p on social, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later
PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICE (PFD ) or LIFE VEST
This is definitely the ultimate security measure to keep you safe in the water during your paddle boarding adventures. Having a life vest or PFD is a must when you SUP on rough waters like beach or even on calm waters like a lake or inside a harbor.
We always recommend that you use flotation devices with pockets so that you will have a bit of storage to carry a few important items.
No products found.
COILED SUP LEASH
Using a coiled SUP leash with a PFD will keep you afloat and attached to your board at all times. There are two basic kinds of cords for the leash: the coiled and the straight one. Coiled leashes are the most popular among paddle riders and are safe to use while paddling.
- MORE STRONG and SAFE: This leash is made of Super Strong 7mm urethane cord, Strong enough to handle the longest and heaviest boards, but since it is designed for flatwater paddling it is lightweight...
- MORE COMFORTABLE AND EASY to USE: Made of TPU elastic polyurethane with soft sponge, you will forget you are wearing it. The super comfortable double over Ankle Cuff has an easy pull tab with a hidden...
- MORE DURABLE: Connection hardware made of durable stainless steel, which can be able to resist the sea water corrosion for a very long time; you don't need to change the surf leash frequently
SUP ANCHOR KIT
Having a SUP Anchor Kit will help keep your SUP board in one place while you rest from practice. It will prevent your board from drifting into uncharted territory in the middle of the ocean or any body of water you are in with your SUP boad.
SUP RAIL GUARD TAPE PROTECTION
This particular accessory will help protect your paddle board from scratches and bumps while colliding with other foreign objects in the water or Marina.
It will keep your paddle strikes from incurring any damage to the board itself. It is essential that you use a rail tape to cover up any dents and minimal damage that the board may incur over time. This tool will be useful to have if you’re planning to sell your paddle board in the future.
ROOF RACK PADS FOR CAR TRANSPORT
This particular accessory will help transport your board easily on a car or SUV. Good roof rack pads will protect your board and vehicle from damage on route to the water.
If you plan to use your car to transport your paddle boards, it would be best to use quality roof rack pads for safer transport and protection of both your automobile and SUP board.
WATERPROOF AUDIO SPEAKERS
If you love listening to music and wouldn’t want to part with it while Paddle boarding, here is a waterproof speaker that you can mount or place on the deck of your board with a carrying mesh net. You would never have to listen to the sound of silence ever again.
WATERPROOF MOBILE PHONE CARRYING CASE
A waterproof mobile phone case is good to consider if you are in the middle of the ocean and may need to make an emergency call. The specialized transparent film allows use of all phone functions while being protected. This universal waterproof cell phone case fits all smartphones up to 7″ in length. It’s made of high-quality PVC that is strong! It is also anti-shock and anti-slip resistant. There is enough space to protect other items such as money or keys.
All the accessories reviewed are not required to enjoy your SUP outing. However, it can make your paddle boarding experience a lot more enjoyable. Make sure to do your research. Read the reviews and find the must have SUP accessories that will work best for you.
Always remember safety first! Have fun out there!
The SUP HQ ( thesuphq.com ) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.