Table of Contents
- Top 10 Must Have SUP Accessories: Don’t Go Standup Paddle Boarding Without These Items!
- Here is a List of Our Top Must Have SUP Accessories
- INFLATABLE PADDLE BOARD CARRYING BAG
- SUP PADDLE BOARD CARRYING STRAP
- PADDLE BOARD LED LIGHT KIT
- ADJUSTABLE STAND UP WHEEL CART
- PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICE (PFD ) or LIFE VEST
- COILED SUP LEASH
- SUP ANCHOR KIT
- SUP RAIL GUARD TAPE PROTECTION
- ROOF RACK PADS FOR CAR TRANSPORT
- WATERPROOF AUDIO SPEAKERS
- WATERPROOF MOBILE PHONE CARRYING CASE
Top 10 Must Have SUP Accessories: Don’t Go Standup Paddle Boarding Without These Items!
Don’t go out paddle boarding without these must have SUP accessories. Are you thinking of standup paddle boarding anytime soon? Before you begin your adventure, you need to have two main essential items: the paddle board and the paddle.
This might be easy to get if you are renting or you have a few paddle boards of your own. However, the extra accessories and gear you might need to take along with you may make your SUP experience even better.
These additional accessories will help you maximize your own experience with paddle boarding right away. Here are some examples of the most vital SUP accessories that you can have for paddle boarding. Hopefully, this extra SUP gear can make your life easier when it comes to maintenance and performance on the water.
Here is a List of Our Top Must Have SUP Accessories
With an inflatable paddle board carrying bag at your disposal, you will be able to bring your inflatable paddle board and other accessories with you to your desired destination.
A paddle board carrying bag also provides a great place to store and protect your board and accessories anytime during the transport process.
It also protects it from external forces that might end up damaging it like when you check your baggage at the airport or when grabbing it out of your car.
- Sizing 39’’ x 16’’ x 14’’, the Thurso Surf iSUP roller backpack fits most inflatable paddle boards along with all the accessories (paddle, fin, leash, pump, etc.)
- Premium nylon outer shell which can cope with sun, sea, sand and damage provides excellent protection to your board and accessories anytime during the transport process. Other than the black backpacks...
- With the help of the top handle and the set of wheels, a long distance walk is much easier. The torso strap and the padded back and shoulder and waist straps offer better weight distribution and...
Having a SUP Carry/Storage Strap will allow you to easily carry your paddle board, paddle, and accessories and still have a free hand. This SUP Paddle board Carrier Strap shoulder pad is triple padded and made from soft and durable neoprene for maximum comfort on your shoulder.
It is more adjustable than other straps which makes it better to use for people of all heights. With high-quality velcro, carrying your paddle can be easy, and can even act as a handle. A removable drawstring bag attachment makes it easy to carry your water bottle, sunscreen or other items such as a mobile phone.
- V2 UPDATES- We recently updated our instructions and our paddle board strap. Our instructions are much more clear and the strap is now made of all metal hardware. Please note that the strap will not...
- 100% METAL HARDWARE: When you buy an authentic SUP-Now Strap, you are buying the only paddleboard strap accessory on the market that doesn't use any plastic pieces.
- TRIPLE PADDED SHOULDER PAD: Our shoulder pad is made from soft and durable NEOPRENE for maximum comfort. The idea of these straps is to carry the weight of your board on your shoulder. We put a lot of...
The waterproof paddle board lighting kit would be an excellent tool to have if you want some night time paddle boarding on your own. Using the lights as you paddle board is a great way to relax and see what underwater creatures are lurking around beneath you.
Having a lighting kit for your SUP board is also a safety tool for boaters to see you at night if you like to SUP in the evenings when there is low sun light.
- APALS PADDLE SAFETY LIGHTS: Made of high-quality synthetic materials Fully dustproof, shockproof, waterproof, and marine-grade, tested to depths of 200 feet.
- EASILY SEEN: With a two-mile horizontal visibility range, they are designed for use in the most difficult conditions. moreover, able to keep you safe.
- MULTIPLE MODES: Stable On, Fast Strobe, Slow Strobe, off with a single button press. And has a running time of 200+ hours, so you may expect to paddle at night for an entire season.
Tired of carrying your SUP board on those long bumpy walks from your car to the beach and back? The walks can be painful and have your arms exhausted! Why not make life easy and use a COR Surf SUP dolly.
This adjustable stand up wheel cart was designed with you in mind. It’s lightweight and portable. It will also help you get your board to the beach with ease. The plastic tires on the wheel cart require no air so you never have to worry about it going flat!
There are also foam bumpers on the cart to protect your SUP during your transport to the beach or car.
Rolling your paddle board to the beach or car will be easy with this device!
- NEW From COR Surf! We've developed a paddleboard carrier that will work with ANY Sized SUP!
- LIGHTWEIGHT and COMPACT, this Stand Up Paddle Board Cart if perfect for getting your board to the beach with ease.
- The Plastic Tires don't require air so will never go flat! Rolling your paddle board will be easy.
This is definitely the ultimate security measure to keep you safe in the water during your paddle boarding adventures. Having a life vest or PFD is a must when you SUP on rough waters like beach or even on calm waters like a lake or inside a harbor.
We always recommend that you use flotation devices with pockets so that you will have a bit of storage to carry a few important items.
- Mesh in lower back fits high back seats
- Shoulder adjustments with neoprene comfort pads
- SOLAS grade reflective material for visibility
Using a coiled SUP leash with a PFD will keep you afloat and attached to your board at all times. There are two basic kinds of cords for the leash: the coiled and the straight one.
Coiled leashes are the most popular among paddle riders and are safe to use while paddling.
- MORE STRONG and SAFE: This leash is made of Super Strong 7mm urethane cord, Strong enough to handle the longest and heaviest boards, but since it is designed for flatwater paddling it is lightweight...
- MORE COMFORTABLE AND EASY to USE: Made of TPU elastic polyurethane with soft sponge, you will forget you are wearing it. The super comfortable double over Ankle Cuff has an easy pull tab with a hidden...
- MORE DURABLE: Connection hardware made of durable stainless steel, which can be able to resist the sea water corrosion for a very long time; you don't need to change the surf leash frequently
Having a SUP Anchor Kit will help keep your SUP board in one place while you rest from paddling.
It will prevent your board from drifting into uncharted territory in the middle of the ocean or any body of water you are in with your SUP board.
This particular accessory will help protect your paddle board from scratches and bumps while colliding with other foreign objects in the water or Marina.
It will keep your paddle strikes from incurring any damage to the board itself. It is essential that you use a rail tape to cover up any dents and minimal damage that the board may incur over time. This tool will be useful to have if you’re planning to sell your paddle board in the future.
This particular accessory will help transport your board easily on a car or SUV. Good roof rack pads will protect your board and vehicle from damage on route to the water.
If you plan to use your car to transport your paddle boards, it would be best to use quality roof rack pads for safer transport and protection of both your automobile and SUP board.
If you love listening to music and wouldn’t want to part with it while Paddle boarding, here is a waterproof speaker that you can mount or place on the deck of your board with a carrying mesh net. You would never have to listen to the sound of silence ever again.
A waterproof mobile phone case is good to consider if you are in the middle of the ocean and may need to make an emergency call. The specialized transparent film allows use of all phone functions while being protected.
This universal waterproof cell phone case fits all smartphones up to 7″ in length. It’s made of high-quality PVC that is strong! It is also anti-shock and anti-slip resistant. There is enough space to protect other items such as money or keys.
All the accessories reviewed are not required to enjoy your SUP outing. However, it can make your paddle boarding experience a lot more enjoyable. Make sure to do your research. Read the reviews and find the must have SUP accessories that will work best for you.
Always remember safety first! Have fun out there!
The SUP HQ ( thesuphq.com ) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.