Table of Contents
Scott Burke 10’6″ Hydro Stand-Up Paddleboard Package: Review
Scott Burke Stand Up Paddle Board Specs & Features
The Scott Burke Stand Up Paddle Board has a customized mold shape with a waterproof resin coating around 3 layers of laminated wood stringers. The paddle board is 100% waterproof core that is heat laminated for high density.
It also has a slick heat laminated high-density polyethylene bottom. The Scott Burke paddle board also has a heat laminated high-density IXPE/XPE deck that comes with graphic designs. It also comes with a molded nylon leash plug and a nylon SUP handle with finger grooves which allow for easy transportation to and from the beach.
The paddle board is offered as a complete package with ankle straps, a roof rack, precision molded fittings, rail save and an adjustable exclusive Blade Shield paddle. This extremely versatile paddle can be adjusted for tall and short people. The board weighs around 25 pounds on its own and can hold a person up to 300 pounds.
Foam Paddle boards are preferred by many over traditional fiberglass boards for lots of reasons including:
- More buoyant so easier to float = more stable when standing up.
- No wax needed – texture of the deck allows better grip than a slippery fiberglass board.
- Soft deck cushions a fall if you lose your balance and fall down on your SUP (ideal for beginners!).
- Traditionally more affordable than a fiberglass board.
The Scott Burke Hydro has a built in front deck bungee system for securing personal gear while you are paddle Boarding! Attach your life jacket or maybe even a cooler right at the nose of your board!
Other Paddle Board Features
- Attached Traction Pad – The Scott Burke Hydro SUP has a built in middle traction pad giving you better grip for more stable footing while you’re paddling!
- Tail Cap – Tail cap attached to protect the tail of your board from getting damaged when bumping into things or dragging board along the beach.
- Convenient Carry Handle – Molded nylon SUP handle with finger grooves allows easy carrying to and from the lake/ocean!
- SUP Leash – Package includes a PU straight SUP leash with a neoprene padded ankle strap with the Scott Burke logo. The leash features precision molded fittings, double swivel, and rail saver capabilities to prevent it from becoming tangled and digging into the boards rail or riders leg.
- Single Fin System – 1 9inch (universal size) SUP center fin is included with your board. The fin is easy to install and remove at anytime.
- Roof Racks – Package includes a a convenient foam roof rack that straps on to the roof of your car to transport your board to nearest SUP’ing destination.
Scott Burke Stand-Up Paddle Board Performance:
The paddle board has a large skeg behind the board with a single fin system, which is good for beginners and people who are looking to paddle in a recreational setting. The board rail thickness is 5.5 inches, which is quite good for a SUP. It also has a wide 32-inch deck, which makes this a strong and stable board. Check out and article we did on the choosing the best size paddle board for beginners.
The board misses a deck pad on the top with just EPS foam, but it remains comfortable on your feet even though it is susceptible to damage.
This foam isn’t as durable as wood and fiberglass, but it gives the board its competitive pricing
- High-density 100% waterproof EPS core and polyethylene Slick bottom for easy gliding
- Includes 9 inch single center fin, leash, and camera mount
- The hydro features a planing hull for stability. A planing hull tends to be more stable, so it's best for beginners as well as recreational and surf paddling
- Stable and sturdy.
- Great for learners and recreational outdoor activities.
- Excellent for the budget-conscious buyer.
- Offers the feel of a good SUP boarding experience.
- EPS foam is not as durable as other solid materials and can get damaged easily.
- Mediocre performance – not suitable for experts and professionals.
- Not as easy to maneuver with its single fin system.
- Best to avoid in choppy waters.
The Scott Burke Stand Up Paddle Board is a good choice for beginners with its attractive pricing and durable structure – it is meant for people who want the feel of a good SUP boarding experience without having to pay a fortune.
While it is not top of the line, it is a good way to enjoy some recreational water sports. It also offers tremendous value for your money and is a low-cost way to get started with the whole paddle boarding experience.
The SUP HQ ( thesuphq.com ) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.