Table of Contents
Best Stand Up Paddle Board Accessories for Kids
What are some of the best stand up paddle board accessories for kids? Well, we will share some of the feedback we got from parents who encouraged their kids to participate in this fun outdoor water activity.
Over the last few years, we have witnessed an increase in paddle board participation. Especially among younger children.
Paddle boarding is a fun water-sport activity that involves moving across bodies of water, such as lakes, rivers, and oceans.
Paddle boarding is highly inclusive, and suitable for all abilities and ages.
It’s great to see parents getting their kids involved in this fantastic sport and providing them with the fresh air and activity kids now often don’t receive because they are glued to their screens.
Why Paddle Boarding Is a Great Activity for Kids Aged 6+
Paddle boarding is a great way to develop kids physical and mental abilities as well as getting them comfortable on the water while having fun. Paddle boarding builds strength, coordination, focus, and balance.
Learning these skills at a young age will benefit kids as they get older and help them to develop more. Additionally, paddle boarding helps a child gain confidence on the water, aiding in their swimming capabilities.
The child will learn about the water and how to stay safe in it. Having the board nearby can be a great safety aid for kids who are not yet fully confident in the water.
Importance of Safety, Having Fun and Learning A New Skill
The water can be a great place to connect with the earth and restore peace to the body. Unfortunately, the water can also be a dangerous place. Therefore safety must be prioritized before undertaking any water-based activity.
Water may look calm on the surface but open waters can contain unseen dangers such as cold water, currents, rapid changes, rocks, and weeds. Even confident swimmers can get caught out by these dangers.
With the correct safety precautions, the water is a fun environment where people of all ages can learn a variety of skills. The benefits of paddling in the water help children develop and grow into a well rounded individual from enhanced social and mental skills, physical skill sets and enjoying activities outdoors.
Now it’s time to showcase the best stand up paddle board accessories for kids looking to try this new adventure.
Best Stand Up Paddle Board Accessories for Kids Learning How to Paddle Board
PFD Life Jackets
Designed specifically for children with additional contoured float above the neck to support face-up flotation. An attached rescue handle allows easy access to the child in the water. Contains reflective material to make easy spotting. A crotch strap also featured to prevent the vest from riding up.
- Reflective material.
- 3-in-1 strap.
- Great buoyancy and keeps the child on their back.
- Runs small
- The area around the neck hole is tight.
- Made of the highest qualitiy materials
- Personal flotation device
- Another quality Stearns product
The O’Neill Epic is made from 100% super stretch neoprene giving this wetsuit amazing flexibility and maneuverability. The wetsuit also has a chafe-free adjustable neck allowing your child to stay in the water for long periods of time without becoming uncomfortable.
- Contains sealed seams which prevent cold water from entering the wetsuit.
- Designed specifically for children.
- Very expensive. Especially considering the child will outgrow the wetsuit.
- Ideal Value Driven Wetsuit; Perfect For Surfing, Diving, Paddle Sports, Lake Activities, And Beach Days
- Backzip System Provides Easy Entry And Exit With A Water Tight Seal
- Ultra Stretch Neoprene: Incredibly Soft Premium Material Has Superior Feel, Flexibility, And Elevates Performance
Non-Slip Water Shoes
OshKosh water shoes are lightweight, comfortable, and easy to maintain. They have a cut-out design to provide maximal ventilation, and rubber-soled to prevent slipping. The Velcro strap makes it easy to take on and off, and the padded sole provides a comfortable experience.
- Machine washable.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- Budget-friendly and comfortable.
- No half sizes.
- Toe hole issues.
- Boy's and girl's water shoe with breathable cut-outs
- Adjustable strap closure for an easy on-off
- Soft material keeps feet comfy and water-ready
Made from durable nylon and high-quality seaming. The ten toes iSUP bag makes transporting your board around a breeze. Mesh netting provides maximal ventilation for quick drying. The side and shoulder straps distribute the weight making it easy for carrying. Also contains a zipped front pocket to store all your extra accessories.
- High-quality fabric and design.
- Adjustable strap.
- Extra pocket and ventilation netting.
- No wheels can make carrying this iSUP bag a tough task if walking over long distances.
- Heavy-duty nylon bag with Super tough wheels for effortless transporting and storing your inflatable standup Paddle board
- Rolled up inflatable standup Paddle boards fit in the larger zipped compartment while accessories will fit in the front pocket
- Fits all of Ten toes' inflatable standup Paddle boards
Made from polyester and elastane fabric. This rash guard allows for maximal flexibility and maneuverability while providing a snug fit. There is minimal seam placement to avoid skin irritation. With UPF 50+ rating the risk of harm from the sun is minimal.
- Approved by Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Feels snug without experiencing significant tightness.
- Can be susceptible to poor stitching.
- Skin Cancer Foundation Recommended Product; UPF 50+ Ultraviolet Protection
- Perfect For Surfing, Swimming, Paddle Sports, Boating, And Beach Days
- Comfortable Yet Durable 6oz Polyester/Spandex Construction
Available in a range of colors and sizes this leash is suitable for everyone. The 7.2mm cord and cord connector are made from high-quality polyurethane thermoplastic making them very strong and durable.
The adjustable Velcro strap is extra soft to prevent chaffing. Slick double stainless-steel swivels prevent the leash from tangling.
- Contains a hidden key pocket.
- Comes in a range of sizes and colors.
- Extra soft neoprene cuff to avoid blistering and chafing.
- No kinking, leash dragging, or snagging of submerged objects.
- Velcro might not be suited for extreme conditions such as taking the SUP on waves.
- HIGH-QUALITY COILED LEASH FOR SUP - The BPS 'Storm' Premium stand up paddle board leash is designed with a super comfy, padded neoprene cuff featuring a key pocket and a quick-release tab. The coiling...
- DURABLE, COMFORTABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT - BPS has sourced the best quality materials-trialed, tested, and thrashed to give you a long-lasting leash. Made from heavy-duty materials with a lightweight max...
- DUAL SWIVEL FOR NO TANGLING & DRAGGING - The tight coiling equals NO kinking, leash dragging, or snagging submerged objects. This coiled leash absorbs wave impact and can be stretched up to 5 times...
First Aid Kit
First aid kit in a waterproof bag full of plasters, bandages, microporous tape, alcohol-free wipes, and insect repellent wipes. This bag is designed to be worn on your belt or clipped to your backpack.
- Highly durable and waterproof.
- Strong buckle.
- No risk of damaging items inside.
- Supply is usually limited.
- WATERPROOF FIRST AID KIT: This kit with roll-top closure design is an essential item for anyone who spends time in the great outdoors, whether it be hiking, camping, or engaging in water-based...
- WATERPROOF FIRST AID ITEMS: The contents of a waterproof first aid kit are similar to those of a traditional kit but may include additional items that are specifically designed for use in wet...
- LONG-LASTING BAG: The bags are made of waterproof material that can withstand the elements, use hot-pressing technology closures to prevent water from seeping in. The kit can hold up to the wear and...
Keeping Your Child Safe In the Water
Paddle boarding is generally considered a safe activity especially when done at a recreational level. However, like all water-sports, there are some safety precautions you should consider when your child is out on the water.
Where possible avoid waters with waves and strong currents especially if your child is still developing their swimming ability. Always make sure your child is supervised by a responsible adult and you are aware of what to do in an emergency.
Have a plan of action of what you will do if something goes wrong. Increase your child’s chances of survival by ensuring they are wearing a PFD and the SUP leash.
Paddle boarding is a great way to develop a child’s physical and mental abilities while having fun at the same time. The water is typically a safe place but can have hidden dangers which could have fatal consequences if not considered.
Ensure your child’s safety by using safety equipment and having a safety plan whenever you go out on the water. Stay safe, and have fun paddling!
The SUP HQ ( thesuphq.com ) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.