Last Updated on November 9, 2017 by Sam
So you just got back from an amazing tropical beach vacation. You were able to enjoy all the water sports like jet-skiing, parasailing, banana boat riding and more. However, you found yourself enjoying the wonderful sport of SUP or Standup Paddle Boarding.
You decide to take on this new hobby and research which are the best paddle boards to invest in. You have standard SUP boards that are made of fiberglass, epoxy, and/or carbon fiber. There are pros and cons to having a board like this which we will talk about in another blog post.
Then you have inflatable standup paddleboards that are cheaper, easy to store and lighter than most traditional boards. I will highlight 6 reasons why inflatable standup paddleboards make for good SUP boards if you are a beginner starting out or want something lightweight and easy to store in your home.
6 Reasons To Invest in an Inflatable Standup Paddleboard:
1. Inflatable Standup Paddleboards are long-lasting. They will last you a very long time with the proper care and maintenance.
2. Inflatable SUP boards can take a serious beating without much damage or puncture. That’s because the material is sturdy and built to last a long time under different conditions.
3. Inflatable SUP boards are very lightweight compared to traditional fiberglass or epoxy boards. They can easily be carried by one person using one arm.
4. They are constructed of the same sturdy material used in military inflatable boats. So you know they will be built to last you a long time for many adventures!
5. After you deflate the SUP board they become very compact. This makes it easy to transport in your car and store nicely in your home closet or basement.
6. Because of its durability. Inflatable paddle boards can be used on rivers and beaches with rocky shores. These are waters that might not be as calm as a still lake. So you can be confident that your inflatable SUP board will hold up well in much rougher waters.
So what do you think? Are you ready for an inflatable SUP board? Let us know in the comments!