Table of Contents
- 9 Epic and Best Stand Up Paddle Boarding Tours In Fort Lauderdale Florida
- 5 Types of Paddle Board Tours Offered in the Fort Lauderdale Area
- Night & Full Moon Paddle Tours
- Venice of America SUP Tours
- Sunset Paddle Tours
- Sandbar SUP Tours
- Yoga SUP Tours
- Here Are Our Top 9 Best Places To Book A Stand Up Paddle Boarding Tour in Fort Lauderdale
- 1. Sunrise PaddleBoards
- 2. Las Olas Paddle Boards
- 3. Fort Lauderdale Standup Paddle
- 4. Park And Ocean
- 5. BC Surf & Sport
- 6. On The Beach Watersport
- 7. SUP PUP Paddle Board Fort Lauderdale
- 8. Blue Moon Outdoor Center
- 9. Lauderdale Paddle Board
- What You Will Likely See on Your Paddle Board Tour Adventure
- Safety Tips You Should Know When Paddle Boarding in Fort Lauderdale
9 Epic and Best Stand Up Paddle Boarding Tours In Fort Lauderdale Florida
Want to know the 9 best stand up paddle boarding tours in Fort Lauderdale? Well, you came to the right place!
Fort Lauderdale is a beautiful southern Florida city that boasts more than 300 sunshine filled days each year! This popular tourist destination is well known for its beaches and extensive network of boating canals.
There are 165 miles of waterways within the city limits alone. The urban center is filled with luxury hotels, nightlife, shopping, casinos, events, family friendly activities and so much more.
Fort Lauderdale is an epic city for paddle boarding due to the plethora of beautiful waterways and beaches it offers.
You can explore both ocean or intracoastal routes and there are options available for all skill levels.
Paddle boarding is truly a culture in Fort Lauderdale and there is no better way to explore via water whether it be for exercise or enjoyment.
5 Types of Paddle Board Tours Offered in the Fort Lauderdale Area
Along with a multitude of waterways to explore, the paddle boarding companies in Fort Lauderdale offer an awesome assortment of tours.
All the tours in our recommended shops include your paddle board rental, tour guide and safety equipment.
Night & Full Moon Paddle Tours
Tours take you to Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, Coastal Dune Lake and through the canals of Las Olas. Many of the evening tours offer the option to add on a dinner and craft brewery stop once you are all done paddling.
You can also enjoy a glowing full moon tour offered once a month which will guide you through Fort Lauderdale’s waterways by moonlight.
Tour lengths vary with some being 45 minutes and others 2 hours. Pricing can range anywhere from $30-$60.
Venice of America SUP Tours
This is a very popular tour choice amongst visitors to Fort Lauderdale. Paddle the intracoastal waterway along Millionaire’s Row.
View the mega yachts, famous homes and discover why Fort Lauderdale is the yachting capital of the world.
This is a great way to check out the lifestyle of Florida’s rich and famous from the water.
These tours are typically two hours in length, and most will show you a combination of Millionaire’s Row, the Fort Lauderdale sandbar and the New River waterway. The average cost for these tours is about $99.
Sunset Paddle Tours
Enjoy a gorgeous Florida sunset from the comfort of your paddle board. Explore the intracoastal waterway around the sailboat anchorage and Las Olas Blvd waterway.
With calm weather a zen type experience can be had with nearly still waters, beautiful colors in the sky and that iconic Florida glow.
Make sure you bring your camera on one of these tours, you will definitely be able to snap some wicked photos.
Weather permitting some of the tour guides may even take you across the street to the ocean for a beach front paddle. These tours usually average 90 minutes in length and range from $40 – $60.
Sandbar SUP Tours
This local hotspot is a pile of submerged underwater sand in the middle of the intracoastal waterway.
This is a premier hangout where locals and tourists alike go to hangout, swim and wade in the water.
This is one of the hottest party spots on the water and you are sure to have a good time here. Many of the paddle boarding tours will take you to or past the sandbar.
Yoga SUP Tours
Most mornings Fort Lauderdale beach is a zen paradise, perfect for an outdoor yoga session on your own paddle board.
Instructors are experienced in both yoga and paddle boarding and they offer a combination of challenging and educational sessions.
Most paddle boarding shops offer different sessions based on skill level so make sure to do your research ahead of time to find something that works for you.
During these tours you will usually paddle a short distance to a beautiful location with the focus of the tour being on the yoga not as much the paddle boarding.
Most yoga tours are either 60 or 90 minutes in length and average about $60.
Here Are Our Top 9 Best Places To Book A Stand Up Paddle Boarding Tour in Fort Lauderdale
What You Will Likely See on Your Paddle Board Tour Adventure
Regardless of which type of tour you choose it is impossible not to see the breathtaking homes, million-dollar yachts and catamarans that line Fort Lauderdale’s waterways.
If you decide to take a more eco focused tour you will have the chance to see some of Florida’s most beautiful and even endangered ecosystems.
Some tours offer paddle boarding and snorkeling combos where you will have the opportunity to see the stunning reef after a gorgeous float.
There are even tours that take you paddle boarding through beautiful mangrove lagoons searching for manatees!
Safety Tips You Should Know When Paddle Boarding in Fort Lauderdale
- Stand up paddle boarding is an amazing sport, but it is definitely best enjoyed with good weather. Make sure you are mindful of the forecast as rains and high winds can approach quickly and will spoil your adventure.
- While most people are drawn to Fort Lauderdale to soak up the boating culture these same water-crafts can potentially pose a threat to your safety while paddle boarding. Make sure to be aware of your surroundings and keep your distance at all times.
- Always wear a good Personal Flotation Device or Life Jacket. You can check out our list of best life Jackets to wear when paddle boarding.
- If you are paddle boarding at night make sure you wear the proper reflective gear so that you remain visible on the water.
- The Fort Lauderdale sun is strong! Make sure to take the necessary precautions including sunscreen, hats and keeping yourself hydrated.
- If you are paddling through the canals you need to be aware of overpasses. You may need to bend down a bit to make it safely under some of them.
Whether you are drawn to Fort Lauderdale for its lavishness, environmental beauty, party scene or water culture, you will be able to find a paddle boarding experience that suits you.
Paddle boarding offers wonderful exercise, great fun and endless adventures. These Florida waterways are the perfect location for beginner and expert paddlers alike.
Fort Lauderdale is truly a paddling paradise!